Is Smart Auto Insurance Legit? Yes! Smart Auto Insurance is a relatively new auto insurance provider, having launched in 2018. It is a subsidiary of the Progressive Group and offers low-cost car insurance plans to drivers who live in Florida and Texas. There are plans for drivers who have been convicted of traffic offenses, but Smart Auto Insurance doesn’t offer any other discounts or incentives for safe driving.
Smart Auto Insurance is a direct auto insurance provider, which means that you can go directly through their website or call center to get quotes and buy your policy online; they don’t work with agents to sell policies like most insurers do.
Smart Auto Insurance is a low-cost insurance provider, but it lacks some of the features you’d expect from more established insurers
But Smart Auto Insurance is a low-cost provider, and it lacks some of the features you’d expect from more established insurers.
It doesn’t offer roadside assistance or coverage options like rental reimbursement, towing coverage and theft protection. It also doesn’t provide personal injury protection or medical coverage—and if you need to rent a car because your car is out of commission due to an accident, Smart Auto Insurance won’t cover that either.
Smart Auto Insurance might be good for people who just want basic liability insurance on their vehicles without breaking the bank each month. But if you’re looking for comprehensive benefits including roadside assistance and comprehensive protection against damage caused by theft or vandalism (or weather events), Smart Auto Insurance isn’t for you.
Read also: Advantage Auto Insurance: Full Review
There are several drawbacks to choosing Smart Auto Insurance
Smart Auto Insurance does not offer roadside assistance and you cannot get a discount for getting safety features like anti-theft devices or air bags. You also can’t get a discount if you have good driving habits or are a good student.
The company doesn’t offer much in the way of coverage options or essential extras like roadside assistance
Roadside assistance is a must-have for your auto insurance policy. Smart Auto Insurance doesn’t offer it, but other insurers do. If you’re looking for more comprehensive coverage options and extra services, it’s worth checking out other providers. The more options you have, the better—but the more expensive your premium will be.
Smart Auto Insurance only offers liability coverage in one state and may not be right for everyone
Smart Auto Insurance only offers liability coverage in one state and may not be right for everyone.
- Smart Auto Insurance is available only in Florida. If you live outside the state, you’re out of luck.
- The company only offers liability coverage, as opposed to comprehensive or collision coverage as well. You can add these options by paying extra money per month or year, but if your car will never be involved in an accident or damage itself (or others), then this might not be necessary for you anyway.
- The company’s website doesn’t offer much information about how to choose a plan; instead, it simply lists all of its products in one place with no explanation of how they differ from each other beyond price and deductible amount. This makes it hard to compare plans when trying to decide which one would work best based on your needs versus cost-effectiveness vs risk management vs convenience etcetera ad nauseam ad infinitum until infinity ends forever at least according to some physicists who were probably just looking for something else sciencey-sounding that could make them sound smart without actually having any real substance behind their opinion because even though everyone knows that time travel isn’t possible yet (it will probably happen eventually though if we keep working hard enough on it) what does time have anything whatsoever do with insurance policies? Nothing! And yet…
Top Legit Auto Insurance
The following are the top legit auto insurance you should use for your car insurance:
- Progressive is a direct auto insurance company that offers all of the standard coverages, but also a variety of supplemental coverages, including rental reimbursement and trip interruption.
- Progressive has many discounts available to help lower your premiums, including good driver scores, safety features in your car and even having an existing relationship with them as an Allstate customer.
- Progressive offers both personal and commercial auto policies for individuals looking for more than just the bare minimum coverage. They also offer options like temporary coverage for drivers who want to use someone else’s car on occasion without risking their own coverage being canceled due to non-payment or lack of proof of insurance (for example).
- Their payment system is simple: You can pay in full or set up monthly payments online easily through any bank account or credit card.
The Hartford Insurance
The Hartford is a good choice if you have a good driving record, credit score, live in a no-fault state and are a student. The Hartford offers discounts on its rates based on your driving record or credit score. If you have both excellent records, then the Hartford may be the best way to go for finding cheap car insurance. If you live in one of the states with no-fault auto insurance laws (Florida, Hawaii and Kansas), The Hartford may also offer lower rates because it does not use medical payments coverage as part of its coverage options.
Allstate is an affordable option for young drivers. A policy with Allstate offers good coverage at a reasonable price, making it a more affordable choice than some other auto insurance companies. While you might be tempted by the low rates offered by other auto insurance companies, keep in mind that those low prices often come with very limited coverage and/or high deductibles. If you are currently a student or have been one recently (within the past five years), you may qualify for discounts on your car insurance with Allstate if you are among their preferred customers.
Allstate also offers unique discounts to those who are both good students and good drivers: if your grades are above average while also having no accidents or moving violations on your record within the past three years, then Allstate will offer additional savings off of your premium!
State Farm Insurance
You may have heard of State Farm, the auto insurance company based in Bloomington, Illinois. They’re the largest auto insurer in the United States, and the second-largest private passenger auto insurer (behind GEICO) in North America.
They also happen to be pretty good at what they do: over 50% of their customers are repeat sales. Their reputation precedes them—and if you ask around among friends and family members who have personal experience with them, you’ll likely hear only good things about State Farm!
State Farm was founded in 1922 by retired farmer Leonard Liggitt and his son-in-law Ira Vail; it originally served as a stall at an Indiana county fair where farmers could buy automobile insurance at fair prices. While most people know it today for its car insurance coverage options, State Farm now offers other types of coverage as well including home owner’s insurance (and renters insurance), life insurance products for individuals or families with children attending college; commercial property/casualty coverages such as business interruption coverage or crime scene cleanup due to vandalism; pet health policies which protect dogs against conditions like hip dysplasia; boat/marine policies which provide financial protection against collisions or loss resulting from theft while not requiring regular maintenance checks like a typical car policy would require–just think how much time this saves really!
Travelers is a great option for people who are looking for auto insurance. The company offers competitive rates and excellent customer service to its customers. In addition, Travelers is a good choice for people who want to purchase a policy that covers their vehicles with no exclusions or limitations on coverage due to age or mileage.
Travelers provides the most comprehensive coverage options in the industry while also providing affordable premiums. Their services include 24/7 claims assistance, roadside assistance, and trip planning services designed specifically around your needs as an individual driver.
Mercury Insurance is a subsidiary of the Mercury Corporation, which is based in California. The company was founded in 1947 and has grown to become the second largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States. As of July 2018, Mercury Insurance had an A rating from A.M. Best and an F rating from Fitch; both ratings indicate strong financial stability with minimal risk for potential default on payments or other obligations by the insurer.
The company offers coverage options in all 50 states through its own national network of independent agents and brokerages, as well as through select hire car agencies such as Hertz Rent-a-Car and Alamo Rent A Car
The best auto insurance company for your needs is one that offers the coverage you need at a price you can afford
The best auto insurance company for your needs is one that offers the coverage you need at a price you can afford. This is why it’s so important to compare rates from several different companies before deciding on an auto insurance provider. Here are some things to look for when shopping around:
- Basic coverage includes liability, collision, comprehensive and medical payments coverage. It may also include uninsured motorist protection in states where it’s required by law.
- Collision and comprehensive coverages pay for damage caused by another driver or object in an accident; medical payments cover expenses related to treatment of injuries sustained as a result of an accident; underinsured motorist protection covers property damage and medical costs incurred when someone has fewer assets than their policy limits state they should have had available in case something like this happened (like when another driver who hits them doesn’t carry enough liability coverage).
- Other optional add-ons include roadside assistance services such as flat tires or dead batteries, rental car reimbursement after being involved in an accident where it wasn’t your fault (like if someone runs into you), gap insurance which helps pay off any loan balance left after total loss occurs due to severe weather conditions such as hail damage or fire damage etc., travel insurance which prevents interruption during trips out-of-state due entirely unrelated matters like sicknesses/injuries caused by illness/injury prior departure date (so long as these pre-existing conditions aren’t specifically excluded from coverage).